"My Life Dedicated To Nation": Arvind Kejriwal's First Reaction After Arrest

bencede

"My Life Dedicated To Nation": Arvind Kejriwal's First Reaction After ArrestIn his first reaction a day after his arrest, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has said that his life is dedicated to the nation.

Responding to a question by reporters when he was being taken to court by the Enforcement Directorate, the AAP chief said in Hindi, "My life is dedicated to the country. I will keep serving the nation even if I am behind bars."

Mr Kejriwal was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate around 9 pm on Thursday, becoming the first serving chief minister to face such an action. His arrest has come in a money-laundering case related to the scrapped Delhi liquor policy of 2021-22 and the probe agency has alleged that he and his party had received kickbacks in exchange for favours.

The AAP has claimed there was a conspiracy behind his arrest and the party has organised nationwide protests against it.

After spending a night in ED custody, Mr Kejriwal was produced before the Rouse Avenue court in Delhi. Seeking 10-day custody of the chief minister, the financial crime fighting agency has alleged that he was the "kingpin" and a key conspirator in the scam.