Pics: Key Leaders Among Early Voters As Lok Sabha Phase 2 Voting Begins

bencede

Pics: Key Leaders Among Early Voters As Lok Sabha Phase 2 Voting BeginsThe Voting in 88 constituencies across 13 states and Union Territories has begun for the Phase 2 of Lok Sabha Elections.

Chief Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar has said that adequate arrangements have been made for smooth polling in the second phase of Lok Sabha polls and urged voters to participate in the festival of democracy in maximum numbers.
Over 16 lakh Polling officials have been deployed. 15.88 crore voters will vote across 1.67 lakh polling stations in the second phase. 34.8 lakh first-time voters are registered to cast their votes.

Here are the Early Voters:

Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman along with her maternal uncle, arrives at BES polling booth in Bengaluru to cast her vote in the Lok Sabha elections.

Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman along with her maternal uncle, arrives at BES polling booth in Bengaluru to cast her vote in the Lok Sabha elections.

BJP leader Vasundhara Raje casts her vote at a polling booth in Jhalawar.

BJP leader Vasundhara Raje casts her vote at a polling booth in Jhalawar.

"The country wants development, this is why BJP will form the government again and PM Narendra Modi will win a third term. Jhalawar MP Dushyant Singh has been receiving good support... I believe he will create history this time as well... We can never take anything for granted. Everything is in the hands of God and the voters," Ms Raje said.

Madhya Pradesh cabinet minister Prahlad Singh Patel cast his vote in the Lok Sabha polls.

Madhya Pradesh cabinet minister Prahlad Singh Patel cast his vote in the Lok Sabha polls.

NDA candidate from Thrissur, Suresh Gopi casts his vote at a polling station in Thrissur.

NDA candidate from Thrissur, Suresh Gopi casts his vote at a polling station in Thrissur.

"You will see the people's hearts. The nation will see the participation of Kerala in the national development movement," Mr Gopi said.

Author and philanthropist Sudha Murty casts her votes in Lok Sabha elections in Bengaluru

Author and philanthropist Sudha Murty casts her votes in Lok Sabha elections in Bengaluru

"I want to tell everyone- don't sit at home, come out and vote, it's your right, choose your leader. I always feel that urban people vote less as compared to those in rural areas. I have seen more people of my age voting, so I request youngsters to come out and vote," Ms Murty said.

As many as 1202 candidates, including 1098 males and 102 females, are in the fray for the second phase of Lok Sabha elections.